West Family


Founded in 1728, Rigdon Farms is over 280 years old. The original 1000 acres now called Rigdon Farms, was originally received as a land grant by the Watters/West family (shown in photo above in front of the farm house which still stands on the property today), from King George the II of England in 1728. The deed is signed by Lord Calvert the Governor of Maryland.


Over the years, the original tract has been known as "Bear Range" and "Strangers Welcome". Today Rigdon Farms exists as a profitable and well-known fixture in Harford County, Maryland.


The 11th generation family farm has undergone several changes through the decades. Current owner, John Rigdon's father and grandfather ran a tomato canning business and the old canning house can still be seen on the premises.